|Type||Subsidiary of Microsoft|
5 Menachem Begin Ave., Beit Dagan, Israel
|Founders||Aki Eldar, Yuval Eldar|
5 Menachem Begin Ave., Beit Dagan,
|Aki Eldar, CEO|
Yuval Eldar, President
Secure Islands Technologies Ltd. was an Israeli privately held technology company headquartered in Beit Dagan which was subsequently acquired by Microsoft. The company develops and markets Information Protection and Control (IPC) solutions.
Secure Islands Technologies Ltd. was founded by two brothers, Aki and Yuval Eldar, in late 2006, to develop and sell advanced data security solutions. The then Jerusalem-based start-up company suggested a new solution for data protection: embedding security directly in data. Secure Islands builds software designed to classify sensitive information automatically based on policies outlined by an enterprise, and then to wrap it in the appropriate level of Digital rights management (DRM).
About Secure Islands Technologies Ltd.
Secure Islands Technologies Ltd. software is based on its active data immunization concept. Secure Islands’ Data Immunization technology uniquely embeds protection within information itself at the moment of creation or initial organizational access. This process is automatic and accompanies sensitive information throughout its lifecycle from creation, through usage and collaboration to storage and archival.
- "Microsoft Acquired Secure Islands". PCMan.com. November 16, 2015.
One of Microsoft's plans ... is .. acquiring Secure Islands Technologies Ltd.
- "Secure Islands' Technology". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Secure Islands protects files with embedded classification, encryption". NetworkWorld.com. February 9, 2015.
Yuval Eldar of Secure Islands Technologies can relate to his customers' needs. Before starting up Secure Islands, Eldar was an R&D manager ...
- "Forbes How To Protect A Company's Data". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Secure Islands Technologies". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Secure Islands Technologies Ltd.: Private Company Information". Bloomberg.com.
- "Microsoft is set to acquire Israeli cyber-sec startup Secure Islands for $100-150 million". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "RSA Conference 2015". Slidex.tips. April 20, 2015.
at the moment of creation
- "About Secure Islands Technologies Ltd". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "Secure Islands: 'Immunizing' corporate data as soon as it is created". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "IQProtector - Document Security". NetworkTestingLabs.com.
- "Secure Islands IQProtector Suite - Enterprise Encryption Software". July 16, 2015.
Persistent Data Classification ... IQProtector
- "Classification". Retrieved November 5, 2015.
- "IQProtector enterprise" (PDF).
IQProtector Enterprise's endpoint agent ... all information created on or leaving ...
- "Information Rights Management (IRM)". Retrieved November 5, 2015.