Location within Athens municipality
104 43, 104 44
Sepolia (Greek: Σεπόλια pronounced [seˈpo.ʎa]) is a neighbourhood north of the centre of Athens, Greece. The Sepolia metro station is situated in the neighbourhood. Sepolia owes to its name in the Greek phrase exo poleos (έξω πόλεως), which means "outside the city". Sepolia was a remote settlement until the latter part of the 19th century, a few kilometres away from Athens. The Greek Census of that period didn't include Sepolia as part of Athens. The Census of 1879, for example, refers to a population of 278 inhabitants. During the following years, Sepolia joined Athens as a result of a population explosion.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (1994–) professional basketball player, 2018–19, 2019–20 NBA's Regular Season MVP and 2021 NBA Champion and NBA Finals Most Valuable Player
- Kostas Antetokounmpo (1997–) professional NBA basketball player
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo (1992–) professional NBA basketball player and 2021 NBA Champion
- Aggelos Mendrinos: sports writer
In the past, it was also served by the Thymarakia suburban station and by tram 8 in Agios Meletis.
- "Από που πήραν το όνομά τους διάφορες περιοχές της Αθήνας". pathfinder.gr. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- Greek census 1879