Shiromani Akali Dal (Democratic), a splinter group of the Badal-led Shiromani Akali Dal. SAD(D) was formed in 1996. Party president was Kuldip Singh Wadala.
SAD(D) joined the Punjab Loktantrik Morcha together with Marxist Communist Party of India, Samajwadi Party, Samajwadi Janata Party (Rashtriya), Janata Dal (Secular), Republican Party of India and Punjab Milkman Union.
Party was re-established in 2020 under the leadership of Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa and his son Parminder Singh Dhindsa. Dindsa blames the working style of Shiromani Akali Dal Sukhbir Singh Badal.
- "Akali Dal split official! Dhindsas move Election Commission for registration of SAD-Democratic". Retrieved 18 October 2020.
- "What is SAD-Democratic and what led to the Akali Dal split?". Retrieved 18 October 2020.
- "WPunjab's Akali Dal Quits BJP-Led Alliance Over Controversial Farm Bills".
- "Akali Dal rebels approach Election Commission to register new party".
- "No plans to return Padma award…will not return to SAD with Sukhbir as chief, says Dhindsa".