|Local authority||London Borough of Richmond upon Thames|
|Managed by||South Western Railway|
|Number of platforms||3|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|2 October 1876||Opened|
|London transport portal|
St Margarets railway station, in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames in south-west London, is in Travelcard Zone 4. It was opened by the London & South Western Railway on 2 October 1876 on the existing line from Waterloo to Windsor. It is 10 miles 66 chains (17.4 km) down the line from Waterloo.
The station and all trains serving it are operated by South Western Railway. The station entrance is at the east end, nearer to London. The station is sometimes shown as St Margarets (London) to differentiate it from the station of the same name in Hertfordshire.
The typical off-peak service of eight trains per hour all terminating at Waterloo comprises:
- 4 direct via Richmond and Clapham Junction
- 2 circuitously via Kingston and Wimbledon
- 2 circuitously via Hounslow.
Trains direct to or towards London call at Platform 1. The vast majority of trains calling here stop at all stations to Waterloo. Platform 2 is now disused. Fast trains towards Waterloo use the track that passes Platform 2. There is only one outbound platform (Platform 3). Fast trains away from London pass through the station along the track for Platform 3.
St. Margaret's is often visited by passing fast services to Reading and Windsor and Chertsey, passing through platform 2 and 3.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Richmond||South Western Railway
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St Margarets (London) railway station.|