|Sudan at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Sudan Olympic Committee|
|in Tokyo; japan|
|Competitors||5 in 4 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Sudan is expected to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Originally scheduled to take place during the summer of 2020, the Games were rescheduled for 23 July to 8 August 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be the nation's 12th appearance at the Summer Olympics.
The following is a list of the number of competitors in the Games.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Track & road events
|Sadam Koumi||Men's 400 m|
|Athlete||Event||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Repechage||Final / BM|
|Mohamed Abdalarasool||Men's –73 kg|
Sudan received an invitation from the Tripartite Commission and World Rowing to send a rower in the women's single sculls to the Tokyo regatta, marking the nation's debut in the sport.
|Esraa Khogali||Women's single sculls||10:18.27||6 R||10:25.94||5 SE/F||Bye|
Qualification Legend: FA=Final A (medal); FB=Final B (non-medal); FC=Final C (non-medal); FD=Final D (non-medal); FE=Final E (non-medal); FF=Final F (non-medal); SA/B=Semifinals A/B; SC/D=Semifinals C/D; SE/F=Semifinals E/F; QF=Quarterfinals; R=Repechage
Sudan received a universality invitation from FINA to send two top-ranked swimmers (one per gender) in their respective individual events to the Olympics, based on the FINA Points System of June 28, 2021.
|Abobakr Abass||Men's 100 m breaststroke|
|Haneen Ibrahim||Women's 50 m freestyle|
- "Joint Statement from the International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee". Olympics. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "Road to Olympic Games 2020". World Athletics. Retrieved 11 June 2021.
- Messner, Nicolas (22 June 2021). "Tokyo 2020: Official Olympic Qualification List". International Judo Federation. Retrieved 2 July 2021.
- "Tokyo Olympics Entry Lists Released, Swimming Begins July 24". Swimming World Magazine. Retrieved 16 July 2021.