|Tanzania at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Tanzania Olympic Committee|
|in Tokyo, Japan|
|Competitors||3 in 1 sport|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Tanzania is expected to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Originally scheduled to take place during the summer of 2020, the Games were postponed to 23 July to 8 August 2021, because of the COVID-19 pandemic. It will be the nation's 13th consecutive appearance at the Summer Olympics.
The following is a list of the number of competitors in the Games.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Track & road events
|Gabriel Gerald Geay||Men's marathon|
|Alphonce Felix Simbu|
|Failuna Matanga||Women's marathon|
- "Joint Statement from the International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee". Olympics. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "IAAF Games of the XXXII Olympiad – Tokyo 2020 Entry Standards" (PDF). IAAF. Retrieved 8 April 2019.