|Turkmenistan at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||National Olympic Committee of Turkmenistan|
|in Tokyo, Japan|
|Competitors||9 in 4 sports|
|Flag bearers (opening)||Gulbadam Babamuratova|
|Flag bearer (closing)||N/A|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
| Russian Empire (1900–1912)|
Soviet Union (1952–1988)
Unified Team (1992)
Turkmenistan competed at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Originally scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020, the Games were postponed to 23 July to 8 August 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This was the nation's seventh consecutive appearance at the Summer Olympics in the post-Soviet era.
Polina Guryeva won the country's first ever medal by placing second in the women's 59 kg in weightlifting. With that achievement Turkmenistan became the last post-Soviet country to win a medal at the Olympics.
|Silver||Polina Guryeva||Weightlifting||Women's 59 kg||27 July|
The following is the list of number of competitors in the Games.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Field events
|Mergen Mämmedow||Men's hammer throw||67.53||30||Did not advance|
|Athlete||Event||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Repechage||Final / BM|
|Gulbadam Babamuratova||Women's −52 kg|| Cohen (ISR)
|Did not advance|
|Merdan Ataýew||Men's 100 m backstroke||55.24||34||Did not advance|
|Men's 200 m backstroke||2:03.68||29||Did not advance|
|Darya Semyonova||Women's 100 m breaststroke||1:16.37||39||Did not advance|
Turkmen weightlifters qualified for five quota places at the games, based on the Tokyo 2020 Rankings Qualification List of 11 June 2021.
|Athlete||Event||Snatch||Clean & Jerk||Total||Rank|
|Rejepbaý Rejepow||Men's −81 kg||164||3||DNF||164||DNF|
|Öwez Öwezow||Men's −109 kg||171||11||200||10||371||10|
|Hojamuhammet Toýçyýew||Men's +109 kg||184||4||230||6||414||4|
|Kristina Şermetowa||Women's −55 kg||90||5||115||5||205||6|
|Polina Guryeva||Women's −59 kg||96||2||121||2||217|
- ТУРКМЕНСКИЕ АТЛЕТЫ В ПРЕДДВЕРИИ ОЛИМПИАДЫ
- "Joint Statement from the International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee". Olympics. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "Road to Olympic Games 2020". World Athletics. Retrieved 11 June 2021.
- International Judo Federation Olympics Ranking
- Определён состав сборной Туркменистана для участия в Олимпийских играх в Токио
- Tokyo 2020 Qualification (Weightlifting)