|Yemen at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Yemen Olympic Committee|
|in Tokyo, Japan|
23 July – 8 August 2021
|Competitors||5 in 4 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Yemen is expected to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Originally scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020, the Games have been postponed to 23 July to 8 August 2021, because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following is the list of number of competitors in the Games.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Track & road events
|Ahmed Al-Yaari||Men's 400 m|
Yemen entered one male judoka into the Olympic tournament after International Judo Federation awarded them a tripartite invitation quota.
|Athlete||Event||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Repechage||Final / BM|
|Ahmed Ayash||Men's –73 kg|
Yemen received an invitation from the Tripartite Commission to send a women's pistol shooter to the Olympics, as long as the minimum qualifying score (MQS) was met, marking the nation's Olympic debut in the sport.
|Yasameen Al Raimi||Women's 10 m air pistol|
Qualification Legend: Q = Qualify for the next round; q = Qualify for the bronze medal (shotgun)
Yemen received a universality invitation from FINA to send two top-ranked swimmers (one per gender) in their respective individual events to the Olympics, based on the FINA Points System of June 28, 2021.
|Mokhtar Al-Yamani||Men's 100 m freestyle|
|Men's 200 m freestyle|
|Nooran Ba-Matraf||Women's 100 m breaststroke|
- "Joint Statement from the International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee". Olympics. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "Road to Olympic Games 2020". World Athletics. Retrieved 11 June 2021.
- "Quota Places by Nation and Number". www.issf-sports.org/. ISSF. 31 May 2021. Retrieved 31 May 2021.